WWS is committed to respecting your privacy, and Data Protection in the UK is changing in May 18 giving individuals more rights over how information is stored and used by organisations.
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on 25th May 2018. It replaces the existing law on data protection (Data Protection Act 1998). You as individuals have more rights and protection in how your personal data is used by organisations.
What Personal Information do we collect?
To guarantee your privacy and the protection of your information, we define personal data as any information that could be used to identify you or another individual.
You can decide not to provide certain information or ask that any information you have previously shared is removed.
You may use social media to contact us about World Wide Sires products, or to let people know what you think about World Wide Sires product. We review publicly available social media and online sites to get a better understanding of what people are saying about us, and our products, technology and services to assist consumers who prefer to contact us through social media.
The information we collect from social media and online sites sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publicly available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
How is your personal data processed?
WWS complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date, by storing and destroying it securely. Protecting Personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place
We use the personal information you share with us in the following ways:Â
- To respond to your queries and requests
- To provide services and support for our products
- For customer satisfaction surveys and to allow us to improve your experience should you need support from one our experts
- To provide updates to you about any changes to World Wide Sires policies, terms and conditions and any other matter which we may need to tell you
- If you are happy for us to do, to tell you about our other products and services
- To assist in any disputes, claims or investigations relating to your World Wide Sire product
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and to comply with our legal obligations
Sharing your Data
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including mailing and delivering materials / products. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Any company that World-Wide Sires shares personally identifiable information with will have executed a confidentiality agreement, requiring that they keep all data received strictly confidential and adhere to GDPR regulations.
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Other World Wide Sires Group companies which may be located outside of the UK
- Those helping us to deliver products to you
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways;Â
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you (“opted-in”) but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by calling 0151 348 8966 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called opting out), you can do so at any time by calling 0151 348 8966 or emailing email@example.com
Links to third party websites
We may provide links to other websites which are not operated and controlled by World Wide Sires. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Third party websites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your data.
- The right to request a copy of your personal data held by WWS.
- To request that WWS corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- Where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. You can do this by calling 0303 123 1113 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How long is your personal data held?
World Wide Sires will only keep your information for the time that is relevant to supply you with appropriate information, material on our services & products and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
By submitting your personal information to us, and by using our websites or connected products, you agree to us transferring, storing and handling your personal information in this way.
Legal Requirements and investigations
WWS will disclose your personal data to a third party if required to do by law or if, in good faith WWS believes such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or with legal processes. (2) protect and defend the company rights and property or prevent fraud. (3) protect the company against abuse, misuse or un authorized use of WWS products or services, or (4) protect the personal safety or property of personnel.